Re: new user & tablespace

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:01:55 +1000

No, I agree.. the way you are doing it is fine. However, it requires you to remember to do something or else face the consequences. And since Oracle has recommended 'create session' followed by explicit quota grants since Oracle 8.0, I think that's the better way to go. If you forget the explicit quota grants, what's the worst that can happen? A 'create table' statement or similar fails... big deal. There's also an explicit comment somewhere (I forget where now) that connect and resource are only included in 8 and 8i for 'backwards compatibility' -and basically that's a warning that in some future version, they will cease to exist.

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle