V$VERSION on 9i, and question about changes to system views in 9i

From: Joe Sanderson <Joe.Sanderson_at_Ecora.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2001 18:23:34 -0700

Hello,

I have not yet tried my OCI based application on 9i (currently downloading...). I'm curious about the V$VERSION string that will be returned for 9i - I'm assuming that it will return something like:

"Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.6.0.0 - Production"

Can anyone confirm for me what is returned? As long as it starts with
"Oracle9i" or something similar I'll be happy.

Also - can anyone out there who has tried 9i let me know how significantly any of the existing system views/tables have been changed? I'm not concerned about new tables/views, or new columns in tables. I would be concerned about any views that were removed or columns that were dropped (hopefully there aren't any) over 8i. The one's I'm using are: V$VERSION,V$ARCHIVE_DEST, V$BGPROCESS, V$CONTROLFILE, V$DATABASE, V$INSTANCE, V$LOG, V$LOGFILE, V$NLS_PARAMETERS, V$OPTION, V$PARAMETER, V$SGA, V$VERSION, DBA_PROFILES, DBA_ROLE_PRIVS, DBA_ROLES, DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS, DBA_SYS_PRIVS, DBA_TAB_PRIVS, DBA_TABLESPACES, DBA_USERS. Has anyone seen this documented anywhere - changes to the data dictionary in 9i?

Thanks
Joe Sanderson Received on Sat Jun 09 2001 - 20:23:34 CDT