Re: Question About Oracle Users

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 00:40:27 +0800

Dear all,

Please allow me to interrupt here. If we've created 50,000 Oracle user accounts in the database, isn't it better to integrate them with the OS user accounts? Otherwise, we will have one more set of 50,000 accounts in the IT virtual community, in addition to Windows NT domain, Lotus Notes, Unix's, etc.. However, if we do integrate them with the OS user accounts, can we integrate the OS user groups as well? Imagin there are 100 branches worldwide, 10 departments per branch, and 50 employees per department. Just curious how you are doing this? Any headaches you are suffering from?

Dino