Re: Windows ME

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 17:41:02 GMT

We tried to install PE on Win ME and gave up. As a previous post stated, I would not *recommend* ME for business computer users (security ? - what security ?) and for a DB server, even for test purposes, well I don't know ;-)

Hth.
Ted

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:25:44 +0800, "VB" <r3688404_at_ccmail.ncku.edu.tw> wrote:

>I had ever tried 8.1.7 Client, It is Ok...
>
>"wayne" <no_at_email.please.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó
>> > What version of Oracle can be used on Windows ME ?
>>
>> I _thnk_ no version works in ME, but I would go to technet.oracle.com and
>> look in the installation requirements section for the Personal Oracle and
>> Oracle Lite (the only two versions that work in the Windows 9x family) to
>> see if either is certified under WinME.
>>
>> WinME has a lot of problems and shortcomings, that's why the vast majority
>> of people and business computers stayed "behind the times" with Win98...

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Sat Jun 09 2001 - 12:41:02 CDT