Grant Execute to Packages

From: Sally Madeira <sallym1_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:23:02 GMT

I created a Role called StuckyProc so that I could share my packages across all users. The Division User is the users that manages all the procedures and packages:

Grant Execute on Division.Credit_Package to StuckyProc

I have several users but the users I am working with are Division and Credit - Division again being responsible for all the procedures and packages and the Credit user has the tables. I have other users that will need to also share the packages in The division user. I store everything in the division user because other users share the same procedures/packages and I do not want to maintain the code in every user (CREDIT, PLANNING, FINANCE for example will all share the
Division.Credit_Package.CreateDailyAdjustments Procedure within the package).

When I am in the Credit user I have a procedure that runs the following:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE CREDIT.EOMTEST (AsOfDate IN DATE) AS

BEGIN     --Libor for Web/Report 41/Yldmmyy Feed/Report 5     Division.Credit_Package.CreateDailyAdjustments (AsOfDate);

END; It compiles fine - What this is doing is refreshing a table and inserting daily adjustements. The problem I am having (and I thought it was sappose to work this way) is that the Credit users DAILYADJ table is still empty after I run this but the Division Table DAILYADJ gets populated. What I want to be able to do is share the procedures and be able to run them so that the USER CREDIT DAILYADJ Table get updated.

Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong-----

Thanks
S Received on Fri Jun 08 2001 - 04:23:02 CDT