Strange results when describing X$ table

From: FredJ <fred.johnson_at_bmwfin.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2001 06:47:41 -0700

An application is failing when trying to create a view on dynamic table x$kcbwds.

If I login a SYS and describe x$kcbwds I get: Name

ADDR
INDX
INST_ID
SET_ID
DBWR_NUM
PROC_GROUP
START_BUF#
END_BUF#
CNUM_SET
FLAG
CKPT_LATCH
SET_LATCH
NXT_REPL
PRV_REPL

CONGET         (* this is the one to watch)
PREAD
PWRITE
FGSDEPTH
DBHDEPTH

If I log in as another user with SELECT ANY TABLE privilege and describe the same table I get:

Name

ADDR
INDX
INST_ID
SET_ID
DBWR_NUM
PROC_GROUP
START_BUF#
END_BUF#
CNUM_SET
FLAG
CKPT_LATCH
SET_LATCH
NXT_REPL
PRV_REPL

PREAD
PWRITE
FGSDEPTH
DBHDEPTH

The column CONGET is missing. x$kcbwds is a SYS owned SYNONYM object pointing to view x_$kcbwds. I can't see any reason why I get two different results. Can You ?

Cheers,

Fred J Received on Fri Jun 08 2001 - 08:47:41 CDT