Re: Question about Accelerated Oracle8i DBA training classes.

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 16:55:14 -0700

Sam Talebbeik wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am looking to take a 3-4 week accelerated oracle 8i DBA training class with
> the goal of passing the certification exams. I live in the San Jose
> (Silicon Valley/South Bay) area and I am looking for training companies
> that offer such training classes in the Bay Area. My second choice would
> be the Los Angeles area (I can stay with a family for a few weeks).
>
> I am looking for quality instruction not the cheapest classes.
>
> Can those of you who have taken such classes provide the name of the
> training company and your personal experience about the quality of their
> program ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

If you find it ... and no doubt some crook out there will take your money ... you may or may not pass the exam. You will, however, then remain unemployed and unemployable as most serious Oracle shops don't give a damn about a piece of paper. And the questions on the OCP have little to do with the actual job of being a DBA.

Forget the quick fix. Save your money. And learn the job the way you need to if you expect to be competent and employable. First become a PL/SQL developer.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Jun 08 2001 - 18:55:14 CDT