Re: How to suppress the schema for different user to run a SQL?

From: Thomas Jegen <thomas.jegen_at_siemens.ch>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:04:58 +0200

Hi

The easyest thing would be to create synonyms within the 'dm_user' accounts for all objects in the dm_admin account. The syntax is something like that:

create synonym <object_name> for dm_admin.<object_name>

You can use this for all database objects like tables,views,sequences,packages etc.

Thomas

Dino Hsu wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We have an OLAP database, where all tables are created with
> 'dm_admin', an administrative user account, while are queried by
> 'dm_user', a query-oriented user account (shared by all query users).
> We have SQL's that are coded without the schema 'dm_admin' to be used
> by 'dm_user'. However, if the schema is not prefixed before the
> objects referenced, the objects will not be found by 'dm_user', and it
> is not appropriate for query users to use 'dm_admin'. What's your
> suggestions about this? Thanks in advance.
>
> Dino

Siemens Switzerland Ltd, Softwarehaus, ES41
Thomas Jegen, Software Engineer
Albisriederstrasse 245, CH-8047 Zürich
Phone +41 (0)1 495 3438, Fax  +41 (0)1 406 5340
mailto:thomas.jegen@siemens.ch, Internet: http://www.siemens.ch/