Re: Question About Oracle Users

From: Daniel <dhw377_at_usa._NO_SPAM_.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:57:55 GMT

I just describing what is in place at the current moment. Perhaps you did not understand what I was really trying to say. My question is, is it better to have 50,000 Oracle users and validate them when they try to connect to the database with their username and password ..... OR ..... connect to the database with some same master Oracle user and then check the client's username and password in a user defined table?

Perhaps I should have phrased my question this way.

I want to know if there are any issues with having 50,000 Oracle users, performance-wise, etc.

Thanks,
Daniel

PS. When I mean't deleting users, I meant dropping them.