Re: reinstall 8.1.6

From: Tony Hunt <tonster_at_cyberdude.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:23:19 +1000

I have had to do this many times...

If you're talking about WinNT then the quickest way is to make sure the ORACLE services aren't running... delete the oracle home directory and all of it's contents including installer/bin/database everything!>..

Fire up REGEDIT and delete all keys (except the LEGACY ones which I can't seem to remove) that mention either Oracle or orant(or whatever directory it was installed to).

Not very clean but works everytime!

Tony