Auditing and Security Manager

From: Crow <ohno_at_youdont.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:13:17 GMT

I've searched through technet.oracle.com, the USENET groups, and class materials and can't find an answer to this.

Why doesn't the audit log show changes made to IDs via Security Manager?

I'm running Oracle 8.1.5 on an NT4 SP5 box. I set AUDIT_TRAIL in the init file to OS and restarted the instance. I connected via SQLPlus and issued the command AUDIT USER. Then, when I open a new SVRMGRL session and perform an ALTER USER myid IDENTIFIED BY mypw, it shows up in the NT application event log. However, if I go into Security Manager (as part of the DBA Management Pack) and change the password on the same ID, it doesn't show up in the event log.

Likewise, if I use SVRMGRL to connect as internal, the application log shows the connection. When I log into Security Manager using internal, the connection doesn't get logged.

Security Manager isn't exempt from auditing, is it? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance! Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 06:13:17 CDT