Re: compiling objects

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:09:33 -0700

Jim Poe wrote:

> After creating my database, I have objects that did not compile. Can I
> select and compile these objects with sql or pl/sql?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Jim Poe (jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com)

Yes. You can use native dynamic SQL in combination with a cursor to get the object_name from DBA_OBJECTS where STATUS = 'INVALID' and OBJECT_TYPE = 'PROCEDURE' and then perform the compile as in:

execute immediate 'alter procedure ' || cursor.object_name || ' compile';

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 01:09:33 CDT