Re: Problem with heterogeneous service (ODBC)

From: Lothar Armbrüster <larmbruester_at_vertriebsunion.de>
Date: 6 Jun 2001 23:20:10 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<thd2eg3upo6n93_at_beta-news.demon.nl>...
> "Lothar Armbrüster" <la_at_oktagramm.de> wrote in message
> > Hello out there,
> >
> > today I sucessfully set up a database link from Oracle 8.1.7 on NT to an
> > Access database via ODBC and herterogeneous service.
> >
> > I can select, delete and insert into tables on that database.

 [...]
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >

> Could you please unset NLS_LANG and repeat the operation so we get the error
> messages in English?
> You don't expect this group to search the translations in the documentation,
> do you?
>
> Regards,
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Okay, here you are:

SQLWKS> insert into gp_test_at_hsaccess

     2> (select gp_nr from gp_katalog);
(select gp_nr from gp_katalog)

        *
ORA-02025: all tables in the SQL statement must be at the remote database

Then I tried the insert in a PL/SQL loop but this took too long. So I tried using collections and bulk bind:

SQLWKS> declare
     2>
     3> type tab_gp is table of char(9) index by binary_integer;
     4>
     5> gps tab_gp;
     6>
     7> begin
     8>    select gp_nr bulk collect into gps from gp_katalog;
     9>       forall i in gps.first..gps.last
    10>          insert into gp_test_at_hsaccess values(gps(i));
    11>    end;
    12> /
ORA-28527: Heterogeneous Services datatype mapping error
ORA-02063: preceding line from HSACCESS
ORA-06512: at line 9

Regards,
Lothar Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 01:20:10 CDT