Re: Changing IP address and name of Solaris box, ISSUES?

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 04:10:11 +0200

> What would I have to change for oracle to continue to work on a solaris box,
> if I change the IP and name? I don't have to re-install do I?

Unfortunately you *will have* to re-install! Just kidding... You only have to adjust your sqlnet.ora, listener.ora and tnsnames.ora to reflect your new settings. You have to do this on the server, the clients need a change in tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora (if you also changed
the domain).

Regards,

Knut

--
Knut Talman                                     Fon +49 30 72 62 01 411
dba_at_myToys.de                                   Fax +49 30 72 62 01 222