Re: Problems with Distributed transactions

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2001 07:46:52 -0700

Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net> wrote in message news:<3B1DAC16.D105A4E8_at_pro-ns.net>...
> Koh Sin Guan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am experimenting with distributed transactions and have encountered
> > some problems. Below is the
> >
> > select * from customer_at_test.com
> >
> > When I execute the above statement from SQL Plus, it works fine.
> > However, when I tried executing the same statement using VBScript, i get the
> > following error.
> > ORA-02041: client database did not begin a transaction
> >
> > I am wondering if there is any configuration settings that needs to be done
> > before using the distributed transactions.
>
> oerr ora 2041
> 02041, 00000, "client database did not begin a transaction"
> // *Cause: internal error
> // *Action: contact support
>
> I think you should trust Oracle and contact support.

Before calling support try replacing the statement with: select * from customer

where customer is a synonym of the form
create public synonym customer for owner.customer_at_test.com

Also if the database link does not have a hard-coded userid/password but uses the current user then make sure the id connecting to Oracle in the VB application has been granted access to the object in the remote database.

If this fails then check both databases alert logs for any error messages that may be of interest for when you talk to support.