Re: Help: Standby issue

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:23:47 -0400

Change your script to either...

  1. Make sure the last archived log has been completely copied. This can be done by checking the length of the file every 5 seconds or so until it doesn't change.
  2. Apply all but the last log received. This would be a little trickier but can be done several ways.

Why not just use the "real" managed standby mode? It's very easy and has worked well for us.

If you want to see if it's "useful" or not, why not open it in read only mode and make sure everything's there?