Re: recovering offline redos

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 06:01:10 -0700

"Rolf Sapler" <bud_socks_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:<9fid7c$cb0$01$1_at_news.t-online.com>...
> Hi there,
>
> i need to restore a db from a ArchServ NT-Backup.
>
> This backup was taken on 01/27.
>
> Furthermore i need to roll forward till 01/29. All necessary offline-redos
> up to
> 01/30 are available without interruption.
>
> How can i do a point in time recovery up to the desired time (01/29, 06.00h)
> ?
> Is it possible at all ?
>

> Thanks for help
>
> Rolf

I suggest you look at the SQL manual under 'recover clause' Alter database automatic recover until time 'yyyy-mm-dd:hh:MI:SS';

But before you try this I suggest you review the Backup and Recovery manual chapeter on point in time recovery. It is a pretty straight forward process. We usually do not use the automatic feature since we rarely have enough space to have all the archived redo logs available in the correct location. When it prompts us we use the time to uncompress and relocate logs as necessary then hit enter when we have a series of logs ready.