Spanish character problem

From: Jeff Smith <jds1201_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 10:41:23 -0700

We're running Oracle 8i on VMS and having trouble with the display of spanish characters.

I've set the NLS_LANG parameter in the environment (define/system NLS_LANG AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1). This allows the proper display through SQL*Plus, but when I execute PL/SQL stored procedures which pull this data and sends it to a file (using utl_file.put_line), the file does not display the characters correctly.

Do I need to change a parameter in my init.ora file (which one?) or is there something I can do within the stored procedure to change the characterset?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 12:41:23 CDT