Strange Segment called 6.2 in TEMP

From: Bernie <bernie.milosavljevic_at_wesley.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 21:57:16 GMT

I have been watching our 7.3 Oracle database and for the last few days, the TEMP tablespace has been consumed by a large temporary segment named 6.2.

Does anyone know what this is and if it really should be there? I would have thought a temporary segment would be temporary rather than hanging around for over 2 days?

The out put of
SELECT SEGMENT_NAME,OWNER,BYTEs, SEGMENT_TYPE FROM DBA_SEGMENTS WHERE TABLESPACE_NAME='TEMP'
/

is

SEGMENT_NAME         OWNER                               BYTES SEGMENT_TYPE
6.2                  SYS                             497827840 TEMPORARY

Bernie Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 16:57:16 CDT