Re: limit number of sessions from an OSUSER or a machine?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 21:35:54 -0700

"Guang Mei" <gmei_at_proteome.com> wrote in message news:<V4cT6.234>
> 1. Is there any way to limit how many sessions from a particular OSUSER? If
> yes, how?

Concept manual, User Resource Limits and Profiles: "You can limit the number of concurrent sessions per user. Each user can create only up to a predefined number of concurrent sessions".

> 2. Is there a way to limit how many sessions from a particular machine
> (which uses db link to access out oracle db)? If yes, how?
>
> I can get OSUSER and machine info from v$session.

This probably has to be done manually. Create a database level trigger (what is it called?) that fires when the user logs on. Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 23:35:54 CDT