limit number of sessions from an OSUSER or a machine?

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_proteome.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:24:08 -0400

Oracle : 8.0.5
Platform : Sun

Currently we have distributed_transactions set to 50. But sometime an OS user login and started quite a few sessions with transaction, so other user can not start an transaction. So my questions are:

  1. Is there any way to limit how many sessions from a particular OSUSER? If yes, how?
  2. Is there a way to limit how many sessions from a particular machine (which uses db link to access out oracle db)? If yes, how?

I can get OSUSER and machine info from v$session.

Thanks.

SQL> select name, value from v$parameter where name='distributed_transactions';

NAME

VALUE

distributed_transactions
50 Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 16:24:08 CDT