Re: How to bypass referential integrity

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 05 Jun 2001 23:46:38 GMT

> BUT now compress the index on AKEY in INT and compress the index on BKEY
 in
> INT. You can then delete rows in either A or B or both where child rows
> exist in INT, leaving orphan rows behind in INT and Oracle gives no error
> message.

Well if we are talking about how to shoot yourself in the foot, then you can also disable foreign keys temporarily with the alter table command (I believe). I use it in my code to be able to truncate tables with foreign keys pointed at them (NOT to intentionally mess up my data!). Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 18:46:38 CDT