Re: Help: Standby issue

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 19:56:43 +0200

On Mon, 04 Jun 2001 20:13:00 GMT,
u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net wrote:

>We have a managed standby database. Oracle
>will copy the redolog from production site,
>that works fine. But we are using manual
>mode for recovery. Every 15 min, shell script
>will issue
>Alter database recover standby database automatic;
>
>it works fine most of the time, but once or twice a
>day, we will get the following error messages:

My guess is that your script sometimes coincides with the copying of files, meaning that you order the database to recover using an incomplete archive (the archive is still being copied).

>it just triggers our alarms, does not seem to prevent oracle
>to continue to recover as new redologs are coming in.

No, because this time the file copy is complete

>But we are very concerned that this standby database
>is useful or not at emergency.

It will probably be all right

>I just switched to sustained recovery mode, hope that will
>help. 4 hour passed, we have not heard any alarm yet.

And that should be the way to do it with EE. With the SE of course you will have to do some fidllehook with scripts, and have several synchronization problems to consider.

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 12:56:43 CDT