Re: Help moving from Application to Database Security

From: Steve S <stevens_at_coloradocustomware.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 13:12:23 -0700

Does anyone know how a large application like Oracle Financials or SAP handles this issue?
I wish Oracle supported a &#8220;Default Schema&#8221; user parameter that would point users automatically to an application&#8217;s schema without this hard coding or synonym stuff. Its seems that the nature of the Oracle security system steers a developer towards a single application user model.

>but i can't see that it
> would be as large as the performance hit you are going to take
> when you migrate from a single "shared" username to separate
> usernames for each individual application user.
I'm not trying to be argumentenive, but what a performace hit is there for a large number of individual users ?