Re: no exec

From: Chirag <shahcm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 02:53:26 -0700

Hi Jonathan

  In Oracle to see execution plan of SQL query, we've complete tuning utilities is available called EXPLAIN PLAN. You may read extensively Oracle8i Performance Tuning Manual or any book regarding Oracle Performance Tuning.

  For this the least you can do is

  1. For EXPLAIN PLAN, we've to create table called PLAN_TABLE in SYSTEM schema. Script for creating this table is available in your Oracle Home directory (find out) with the name as utlxplan.sql.
  2. Then you've to create plustrace role using PLUSTRCE.SQL file. It is also available in Oracle Home dir (pl. find )
  3. Then grant plustrace role to your database schema(user). e.g login to sql*plus
     CONNECT SYSTEM/MANAGER_at_DB

@C:\ORANT\RDBMS80\ADMIN\utlxplan.sql;
@C:\ORANT\RDBMS80\ADMIN\PLUSTRCE.SQL;
GRANT plustrace to SCOTT; CONNECT SCOTT/TIGER_at_DB SET TRACE TRACEONLY; then you test your queries.

Chirag Shah

Oracle Administrator Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 04:53:26 CDT