Re: PeopleSoft on Oracle: Standard or Enterprise Edition??

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:31:01 +0200

On 4 Jun 2001 00:48:57 -0700, kennwhite_at_hotmail.com (Kenn White) wrote:

>Standby Database -- Not clear on this one. The link above (the
>newest, as far as I can tell) says no, on 8.17 SE; however, according
>to this document:
> http://technet.oracle.com/products/oracle8i/pdf/8i_fam.pdf
>8.16 SE *does* allow read-only Standby Database, so who knows...

This one I know about because I have tried it out (8.1.6 on W2K) The difference is that you in SE have to copy the archives and apply them to the standby database. Not too complicated to manage through some scripts or a delphi or C++ program.

In EE this can be handled automatically by the databases through a connection with NET8. Further you can select up to 5 different simultaneous destinations for the archives, and only some of these have to be mandatory.

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 02:31:01 CDT