Can't execute a scheduled job

From: Matt Smith <m.smith_at_secureinteractive.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:38:26 +1000

I have a procedure called sscc.expire_content, which I want to run every day. I have scheduled it in the job queue using the following SQL:

VARIABLE jobno NUMBER;
BEGIN
   DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:jobno,
  'SSCC.EXPIRE_CONTENT;',
  TO_DATE('00:01:00', 'HH24:MI:SS'),
  'SYSDATE + 1');
END;

If I run the procedure directly from sqlplus with 'execute sscc.expire_content', it runs fine. If I force the job with 'execute dbms_job.run(38)', it fails. It also fails when it is scheduled to run. The following is what appears in the alert log:

Tue Jun 05 12:19:52 2001
Errors in file D:\Oracle\admin\gedb\udump\ORA00357.TRC:
ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 38
ORA-06550: line 1, column 96:
PLS-00201: identifier 'SSCC.EXPIRE_CONTENT' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 96:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Why does it say that the identifier must be declared? I copied all the syntax directly from the documentation. Any help here would be muchly appreciated.

Oh, yeah - almost forgot. I am running Oracle8i on NT4

Thanks,
Matt Received on Mon Jun 04 2001 - 23:38:26 CDT