Re: Extent sizes in LMT

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:43:18 GMT

> It's in it's own tablespace but the problem here is that I need to be
> informed when the table is going to fail to extend days in advance. Our
> scripts to report on this runs daily. The extents are so small that I get no
> notification. (i.e. it's extending more than once a day).

If this table is growing this much, then it really should not be in the same tablespace as other, smaller tables (especially with a uniform LMT structure). You should really consider moving this table to another tablespace as Jonathan suggested. Use the ALTER TABLE MOVE command and put it in a LMT with much, much larger uniform extent sizes. If you put it in a tablespace all by itself, then it should be relatively easy to monitor wether or not it has room to grow.

HTH,
Brian

--

Brian Peasland