Re: Starting DBCA manually?

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 02:30:46 GMT

Jerzy Tomasik wrote:

> Can the DataBase Configuration Assistant be started manually? How?
>
> As far as I can see in the documentation, it kicks in automatically at the
> end of the installation, but I see no mention of being able to run it
> standalone.
>
> TIA,
> Jerzy

start - programs - oracle - orahome81 - database administration - database configuration assistant

save your batch script - dbca does not support Locally Managed Tablespaces. Edit the run1.sql script and changed the dictionary managed tablespaces to locally managed ones.
it doesn't hurt to edit the init.ora file also - hike up the sort_area_size, db_block_buffers, java_pool_size, etc.

hth,

Paul Received on Mon Jun 04 2001 - 21:30:46 CDT