Re: oracle listener doesnot startup automatically

From: Sunil Dua <sdua_at_solutionsny.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2001 21:33:16 -0700

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, Well my problem is when i execute it by giving the command

$/etc/init.d/lsnrstart

from the command line after login as root it runs successfully.. what I could work out after seeing this is that when it goes for starting the listener it does not find a database.... as the database is in the process of startup..

Is it posible? as I am starting oracle as S97Oracle and listener after it as S98Listnr....

second, I donot know where it keeps the log of boot time... so pls. suggest how to extract the log for futher investigation.

thanks & regards
Sunil Dua