Re: what is fastest way to search text field with 'like'

From: Dennis Williams <dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 08:06:06 -0500

If your searches have a regular pattern, you might look into function-based indexes. For example, we have a column with zip codes that is the full 9 digits, but users often have only the 5-digit zip code for their search. We built a function-based index from the first 5 characters, and performance increased considerably. Received on Mon Jun 04 2001 - 08:06:06 CDT