Re: 8.1.7 install problems on Sun Blade 100/Solaris 8 01/01 MU4

From: G.T. <ethant_at_pacificnet.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 20:20:33 -0700

Dan wrote:

> Did you ever find out this problem, I have the same problem but the only
> different is I'm running HP-UX 11.0

Yes, I posted a summary yesterday, I believe. I had to bump max semaphores from the recommended 200 to seminfo_semmns=2000.

Don't know if this would apply to HP-UX though.

Greg

> Seth Gustafsson
>
> "G.T." <ethant_at_pacificnet.net> wrote in message
> > "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
> > >
> > > I of course didn't notice that you are trying to get to the nomount
 stage in
> > > order to create a database in the first place. My apologies. Forget
 that
> > > stuff about checking permissions on your controlfiles, data files and
 redo
> > > logs, since they won't be there yet!! Do still check the pfile itself,
 of
> > > course.
> > >

> > My permissions on the pfile look fine. I'm starting to think there is
> > something incompatible with the Solaris patches on the Blade and Oracle
> > 8.1.7. I have no problem installing 8.1.7 on a Solaris 2.6 E450.
> >
> > Thanks, Greg
> >

> > > "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
 this
 them.
 but
 Unix

 Oracle

 "/export/home0/u01/app/oracle/admin/records/pfile/initrecords.ora"

 by
 the

--
See http://www.2fortheroad.net for ugly bikes and stale music.
"Why does a man with nothing to say, he always seems to talk?" - Marc