Can't create Database on redhat 7.0 with Oracle 8.1.7

From: Friedrich Reichhart <senior.reichhart_at_sdr.at>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 19:24:26 +0200

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 under Redhat 7.0 with kernel 2.2.19. on an ASUS CUV4X-DLS with two P III/1000 and 1GB Memory. The installation runs very well, but when the database is to be created it stops with error: ora-03113: end of file on communication channel.
When i start dbassist it lets me do all the selections but then the same error.
So i tried it manually: sqlplus /nolog -- ok connect sys/"password" as sysdba -- error ora-03113 When i try to connect to another computer with sqlplus user/password_at_server the connection is ok. The listener is running.
with netasst i can configure databases on other computers and the local listener.

Why am i not able to create a database ?