Re: Certification

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 21:44:41 +1000

No, to get "OCP", you've got to do all the exams (SQL-PL/SQL, DBA, BUR, Performance Tuning and finally Networking). Only then does it 'count' as certification.

On the other hand, an employer would be insane to totally disregard partial certification.

And on yet another hand, it is true (as many here will tell you) that all OCP does is open doors. To get inside the door, you need to demonstrate actual ability to do the job required, not ability to take a multiple choice test.

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle