Re: Certification

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 23:53:38 -0700

Tony Upchurch wrote:

> Does anyone know if you are considered an OCP (Oracle Certified
> Professional)
> if you pass one exam, or do you have to take a whole track before it counts
> for
> anything. I want to take the PL\SQL exam as soon as possible, but it may
> take
> a long time before I get through all five Oracle Certified DBA exams. It
> would
> be nice to have an intermediate credential of some value during the process.
> know Microsoft certification works this way, anyone know about Oracle?
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

I know it will upset someone in Redwood Shores ... but it would be nice if they trashed this OCP money-making gimmick. I don't know of any employer that cares. And not once have I ever been asked, or asked, about it in an interview. Why would I care whether someone spent a lot of money learning obscure things that have little to do with the actual job.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sun Jun 03 2001 - 01:53:38 CDT