Cannot log in after installation [ORA-12638] help!!

From: Richard Ozenbaugh <rim_at_extremezone.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 11:08:30 GMT

OK.. I have installed oracle 8.1.6 on my Win2K server. When I try to connect to my
instance with the login and password supplied by the install process I get:

ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

I looked this up on OTN and the explaination listed wasn't very helpful.

I have also noticed that I am getting one of these for each redo file:

ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 1 of thread 1
ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: 'F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\TEST\REDO03.LOG'
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

These errors state that I need to establish more file handles?

I don't know if these are related but I am dead in the water with no oars..

Any advice would be appreciated

R. Oz. Received on Sat Jun 02 2001 - 06:08:30 CDT