Does Oracle 8i improve SQL preformance against 8?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:45:58 +0800

Dear all,

Our users are complaining about the slowness of report generation, so I wonder whether Oracle 8i (8.1.7) improves SQL performance against 8 (8.0.5)? Also whether Impromptu 6.0 improves SQL performance against 5.0?

This is a Data Mart application:

1.Oracle 8.0.5 EE for Windows NT
2.Impromptu 5.0
3.About 50 million Sales records
4.Compaq server with 4 Intel CPU's, 1G DRAM, and 80G RAID disks

Thanks, Dino Received on Sat Jun 02 2001 - 09:45:58 CDT