Re: Help moving from Application to Database Security

From: Steve S <stevens_at_coloradocustomware.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2001 09:44:28 -0700

Sybrand,
I have noticed in documentation and other treads, that that seems to be the only way for multiple users to access a common schema without hard coding the owner in all the statements. Isn&#8217;t there some performance overhead to all these public synonyms? We would have over 150. But, the labor involved to hardcode in our application would be astronomical, so I do have a strong motivation to avoid that method. Why wouldn&#8217;t you recommend the hard coding? Thanks again for taking the time to answer! Received on Fri Jun 01 2001 - 11:44:28 CDT