Re: Has anyone experimented with OPTIMZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ???

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:33:10 GMT

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:01:42 +0200, Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de> wrote:

>The reason for this is that CHOOSE will use RBO when reading SYS tables because

Oh! I know the reason, Martin, no sweat there. What peeves me in all this is the darn CBO has been out for what, 8 years now? And all ORACLE manuals since clearly state OPTIMIZER_MODE can indeed be set to FIRST_ROWS or ALL_ROWS, depending on the bias we want to give to the executions.
Yet if anyone does that cold, they get a *nasty* surprise with most dict views provided by ORACLE.

About bloody time either the views got fixed, the manuals got fixed, or the CBO got fixed! Take your pick.

<just venting>

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam