Re: HELP ! Export takes more than 8 hours !!

From: Mick Rice <mickricenet_at_netscape.net>
Date: 1 Jun 2001 03:09:36 -0700

Andreas,

        I'd suggest that you try a direct path export (ie specify direct=y). This should speed things up a little. I've also had problems in the past with the export buffer size. AFAIK even if you specify a buffer size in the export command it's ignored for direct path exports. But for 'ordinary' exports you can sometimes run into problems exporting LONG fields or similar without a fairly large buffer size. Admitedly I last encountered this issues on a 734 database but these are the sort of areas that I start looking at. Also if this job runs at night, when there are no other users around you might think about ditching the consistent=y parameter,

Regards,

Mick Rice.