Re: tnsnames file question

From: OracleMS <lostpwds_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 May 2001 21:56:26 -0700

>>Oracle (8i) keeps telling me my tnsnames file is not configured
correctly.

What is the exact error message that you are getting ? Randall is right. Say you have installed Oracle on your D: drive, then the tnsnames.ora file that oracle will use is located in D:\oracle\ora81\network\admin (Since you are running 8i and assuming you accepted defaults for the directory names) Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 23:56:26 CDT