ORA-12545 Error...

From: Diviner <diviner_at_hknet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:21:45 +0800

I am using Oracle8i 8.1.7 for NT and running on Windows 2000 Server, NT4 Workstation for client machine and has a connection problem. Hope someone can help me.

The main problem is this error:

   "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"
when I try to connect Oracle Server from client machine.

Let me state my situation point by point:
- Oracle server is started up and work normally.

   alias and service_name successfully.
- ORA-12545 error occur when I use sqlplus to connect Oracle server from

   client machine.

Thank you very much.

--
Best regards,