Re: Performance penalty when turn on timed_statistics

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:33:43 +0100

Sybrand Bakker wrote in message ...
>I have never seen any noticeable impact. Keep in mind, most of these
>statistics are gathered anyway, and the only difference you now keep track
>of the time.
>I have also read several times you should enable it always, and I have never
>seen warnings against it.

That's generally true, but there's a number of bugs filed against timed_statistics = true (at least, on Sun Solaris). Some of these are fixed by various patchsets, eg.Patch Set: 8.1.6.3.0_32bit.

However, I have raised a TAR against timed_statistics = true, reporting that it causes increased ORA-3113s.This has been confirmed by Oracle Support, but no solution offered.

I usually run with timed_statistics = true but have currently switched it off until these problems have been resolved.

Dave.

--
If you reply to this newsgroup posting by email, remove the "nospam"
from my email address first.