Re: Does Oracle8i have a job scheduler?

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 07:13:26 +0200

MK wrote:
> As a SQL Server DBA for 10 years, I find the documentation very easy to use
> and search. Having had to also work with Oracle for the past year, I find
> their documentation very difficult to use. And don't get me started on how
> "wonderful" this "real" database is. We've had more problems with Oracle in
> the last year than I've experienced with SQL Server in the last 10. And
> finding qualified people to help us has been next to impossible. Even Oracle
> support just shrugs and is no help on many of the problems we have. And this
> is with a small (2GB) Oracle Financials installation. Meanwhile our main
> apps run on SQL Server, are 100GB and growing, and running very smoothly.
> There is currently a push by management to get rid of Oracle and Oracle
> Financials, because of all the problems and the lack of support.

Without wanting to start a flamewar, could you name/describe some of the problems you have with Oracle? I just want to know, what kind of problems
Oracle support isn't able to solve, just curious.

Regards,

Knut

--
Knut Talman                                     Fon +49 30 72 62 01 411
dba_at_myToys.de                                   Fax +49 30 72 62 01 222