log buffer space vs. redo log space requests

From: Scott Watson <swatson_at_datachest.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:34:22 -0400

I am a little confused as to the values I am getting from these two statistics.

log buffer space in V$SYSTEM_EVENT shows a value for waits which leads me to believe that the log buffer is not large enough however the redo log space requests from V$SYSSTAT shows a value of zero.

Therefore one stat tells me there is not enough space while the other tells me everything is ok. I think I am misinterpreting these statistics. Can someone set me straight.

Oracle 8.1.6 running on solaris.

thanks,
Scott. Received on Wed May 30 2001 - 09:34:22 CDT