Re: Question re temporary tablespace

From: jmnm <meirim_pt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:03:47 +0100

Hi,

I don't believe that you are able to say that you want actions, or every action that takes place on a specific tablespace to be not logged. (unless stating nologging on the action (DDL) itself ) ex:
create index xpto .... tablespace IDX
-- This is always be logged even if the tblspc IDX created with nologging create index xpto .... tablespace no_matter_what unrecoverable|nologging -- This creation will not be logged

Therefore the set NOLOGGING should be considered, IMVHO (V states for very), for TBLSPC creation time only.

If you have to recover any DB after creating a TBLSPC with NOLOG... you will have to create that TBLSPC by hand before you can apply anything (ex:arch logs) that concerns with that TBLSPC.

That for me, make sense.

J. Meirim