Re: Tricky query

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 30 May 2001 06:19:47 GMT

> The DTE and TME (Don't ask why the developers didn't use DATE)
> will be used to determine the age. The ky_premise_no can be duplicates

What exactly is the date format in these varchars? You would be hitting the lottery if it was YYYYMMDD. If it is not, you will have to convert it to a date format to sort, and that will probably mean full table scans every time.

So my question is this: What version of Oracle are you using, and what is the exact date format (varchar2 tells us nothing, really)? Received on Wed May 30 2001 - 01:19:47 CDT