Re: Maximum errors allowed in sql loader.

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:30:04 -0500

i concur. the oracle utilities manual covers the topic the original poster asked about. this is first and foremost a newsgroup, not a substitute for the oracle documentation.

i don't believe that consulting the oracle documentation is that extraordinarily difficult. and the original poster made no mention of having opened the utilities manual.

"Paul Q" <paulq_at_home.com> wrote in message news:EeWQ6.77259$425.20877713_at_news3.rdc1.on.home.com...
> Woah! Jerry, what did Mr. Bakker do to you ?
>
> I have always found Sybrand Bakker replies to be informative.
>
> There is an old adage that says when all else fails "read the book".
> By pointing someone to the appropriate documentation, you give the person
> the opportunity to enhance their knowledge which will benefit them. By
> telling someone how to do it, more than likely than will use it once and
> then forget.
>

> "Jerry Metz" <jmetz1_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Since Mr. Bakker is obviously too busy to actually help you, and can
 only
> > provide idiodic responses to you and everybody else that doesn't measure
 up to
> > his rather high opinion of himself, let me take a crack at this one.
> >
> > As the first line in your control file, enter:
> > OPTIONS (ERRORS=9999999)
> >
> > This will tell Loader to, in effect, ignore any error count less than 10
> > million (in this case). If you expect more than 10 million errors,
 either
> > increase the above parameter, or you really should consider sending the
> > datafile back to it's owner.
> >
> > BTW, who died and made Bakker the moderator of this group. On multiple
> > occasions he has indicated that the questioner should either get out of
 this
> > group or they should RTFM. If he is soooooo busy that he doesn't have
 the
 time
> > to help, maybe he ought to keep his mouth shut! It seems to me that the
> > purpose of this and so many other of the newsgroups is for people to try
 and
> > learn something. Maybe Mr. Bakker should join the group
> > alt.win.friends.and.influence.people!
> >
> > Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> >
> > > "anuragmin" <anurag_minocha_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

 the
 Web