Re: DBWR_IO_SLAVES and Asynchronous I/O

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 May 2001 22:05:34 -0700

Your description is very clear! One comment I want to make is that because of file write lock (inode lock), it's a good idea to use several files for one tablespace instead of one file, so that in case of multiple writers writing to different blocks that are so far apart as to reside in two files, there's no file lock contention.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com