Re: Oracle8i on Linux

From: Nick Taylor <ntwysiwyg_at_dataskill.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 12:08:47 GMT

Giorgos Tsiamitas wrote:

> The GUI tools are there however, located in $ORACLE_HOME/bin. You can start
> them from an xterm. For example type:
> oemapp worksheet
> oemapp instance
> netasst
> dbassist

I rushed log into my Oracle box running 8.1.6 but can't find any oemapp there :-(

Any ideas where I can find it? Also what does it do?

> The real power and flexibility comes from the command-line though!

But sometimes a graphical tool can save needing to remember all that SQL syntax.

Personally I found databrowser (a Java graphical tool) useful. Also I see that there is a whole book dedicated to open source tools to help working with Oracle (O'Reilly as I recall)

Nick

--
Nick Taylor
Say No to Spammers - What You See Isn't What You Get to Email Me